Wednesday, August 18, 2010

dreams.dreams.dreams.

You know, I think every little girl at SOME point in her life says, "I want to be a singer," and then she will belt out an incredibly cute rendition of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" or something to that affect. But, as little girls grow up, their dreams will most likely change. One girl may be in P.E. in fourth grade and realize, "I like sports." So, she starts playing soccer. Next thing you know, she's a professional athlete. Another little girl may be sitting on the edge of her seat in freshman biology while her classmates snore and drool around her. Around eight years later, she's in medical school. Many little girls will never realize the dream that they all seem to have at some point or another. They won't be a star, at least not in the Hollywood sense. It isn't always necessarily because they don't have a good voice or can't act to save their life. It just isn't what they love. To truly succeed in ANY field, you must love what you do.
This girl right here? Yep. That's right. Me. I love what I do. I sing. I play guitar...and a bit of piano too. And I adore every second of it. I love performing. I'm never afraid to get up in front of an audience, no matter how big or small, and belt my heart out. And I know God has given me a talent for it too. You see. Music isn't just a pretend little game that I played when I was a little girl. Oh sure, me and my best friends were going to make a band when we were six (A.D.D. Moment - If we had actually made a band as six year olds? Take THAT justin bieber! HA!) and I would write cutesy little songs, usually about how girls were cooler than boys and we would take over the world. But, my as we grew up, my friends began to find love for other things. Writing. Dancing. Photography. Art. Etc. But me? I never EVER lost the ambition I had when I was a child. I've always wanted what I want now. And I have no doubt that one day, I will earn it; because, you see, I am willing to work as hard as I physically, mentally, and emotionally can. Probably harder than that even. I want this so bad. It is my dream.
And yes, for now, that is all it is. A dream. But I promise, one day...one day, it will be reality.
And I thank God for the talent and drive I have to push me to that reality. Because that is who the credit SHOULD go to.
So yes...I'm a dreamer. And I dream big. But I don't think dreaming is worth much if you don't dream HUGE!

No comments: