Friday, August 27, 2010

STEEEEEPPPPHHHHENNNNNN!

Why, may I ask, am I so obsessed with Stephen King?
After all, he doesn't seem to be the most moral writer in the realm of literature. He uses...colorful...language and semi-graphic displays of.......affection.....yes, we'll go with that.
HOWEVER, minus the sketchness of Mr. King's writing, what draws me to his work?
The answer of course is the sheer skill and literary genius of the man. I cannot even begin to describe my addiction to the awesomeness of his writing. His descriptions are so clear and vibrant that they seem to jump off of the page. (ha. cliches are of satan. bwahaha) But despite my love of, what has come to my attention as an evil device in writing, the cliche, I love Stephen more.
Every time I read his work, I want to write. After reading even a snippet of his work, I find myself walking around living my life while describing everything in my head. It's amazing what his writing inspires me to do.
And right now, I need some of that descriptive inspiration, because I've written three words for my descriptive quilt thing...yeah, life...

No comments: