Thursday, March 17, 2011

Destination Truth

Because I am a nerd, and have nothing better to do for four hours on St. Patrick's Day, I'm watching Syfy's live, four hour season premiere of "Destination Truth". It's another of bajillions of "Legend Hunting" shows. But I gotta say. As, dumb and most likely faked as these shows are, I find them freaking interesting. Maybe I am a freak. That could be the case. I might need therapy or something, but whatever.
Anyway, "Destination Truth" has traveled to Durrack's (at least I think that's what the name is...) Castle, that is supposedly haunted by a creepy banshee. If you don't know the legend of the banshee, it's supposed to be the spirit of a woman with long flowing gray hair that acts as a sort of shroud over her face. She is said to have a high pitched screech, that if heard, is said to signal an inevitable death shortly after the scream is heard. Many of the locals the crew interviewed said that after they heard the banshee, a relative died a day or two later. Coincidence? Eh...whatever it is...it's creepy enough to be interesting and there are lots of heavy Irish accents which is freakin fascinating. I love Irish accents. So ghost or no ghost, I'm enjoying this four hour waste of time. :)

No comments: