Sunday, May 29, 2011

Church Kids

When you’re living in the “Christian School” world Wednesday nights are deemed a church night, right? Yes, that’s about right.
But you see, when it's seven o’clock, where am I? Sitting at home curled up in my snuggie browsing the internet. 
So why am I not at church? Well, I’ll tell you. I  simply don’t want to be at my church. I haven’t for quite some time. It’s because I am sick sick sick sick sick and tired of going to the place that is supposed to be a place for believers to fellowship with one another while focusing on Christ and all I get when I step into that youth room is “We. Don’t. Want. You.” I’m absolutely sick of it. So, no, if you asked me why I don’t go to church on Wednesday nights and barely show up on Sunday mornings, I will tell you straight: “I hate it.”
And you know what? I feel like an absolutely horrible person because of it, but I just can’t bear to go somewhere that’s supposed to be one thing but feels the complete opposite.
So yes, here I sit all alone; but, I prefer to sit alone by choice than to sit alone because nobody wants me. 

No comments: