Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Knot

I have a knot in my stomach
I’m not quite sure of the reasons why
It makes me feel twenty different things
I don’t know whether to smile or cry
Is it anticipation?
I don’t know what I would be anticipating.
Is it fear?
What is there to be fearful of?
Is it pain?
I can never really tell.
Why do I feel the presence of this thing.
Twisting, turning, and clenching my stomach.
I wish it would go away.
But…I may know the remedy…
Yes, I know it.
It’s HIM.
He can take it away.
His eyes. His smile. His smell. His voice.
The way he walks. The way he laughs.
I feel so safe in his embrace.
Yes, he can fix everything.
But I won’t let him.
I won’t go near him.
I won’t speak to him.
I won’t LOOK at him.
Why?
I’m afraid.
Afraid to be hurt.
To be CRUSHED.
Afraid of losing him.
Because that would be worse than this knot.
Far worse.
And now I know the source of this knot.
Being away from him.

No comments: