Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mr. Oblivious

Seriously. Seriously? I'm I that hard to read? I thought it was apparent when I acted liked a stupid, love struck middle school girl. I thought it was plain to see that I cared. Is it really that hard to imagine that I might actually like some one like you? Did you think it not even a possibility? Were you under the impression that you were only a last resort, if that? No, that isn't true at all. It's you and it's been you for quite a while. But you never saw. You never noticed and now it doesn't even matter, does it? Fine. I can't do anything about it, and I'm really not going to try. It won't get me anywhere and I'm really bad at stuff like that anyway. I just wish you weren't so oblivious. I wish you could have seen before. It may have made a difference. Or maybe it wouldn't have. But what if it had? What if, for the very first time in my entire life, I got what I wanted. I got who I wanted. But most of all, I wish I would have said something. Maybe just blurted it out at an inopportune time. Whatever would have made you stop and look at me. And see me differently. But who knows? Maybe you're too oblivious to respond to even that.

No comments: